Wolf is a leading internationally recognized arbitrator and mediator with over 30 years’ experience in International legal business, and joins Int Arb Arbitrators & Mediators from ArbDB Chambers.
Wolf is particularly knowledgeable in disputes related to the Aviation & Aerospace, Defence, Compliance, IP, Cyber Security and High Tech Industries. His Practice involves most regions of the World and includes commercial, government and state entities.
He has acted as counsel and sits as arbitrator and mediator in domestic and international disputes in a variety of jurisdictions including London, Paris, New York, Geneva, Singapore, UAE, Cairo and Chicago.
Wolf is fluent in English and German, has a good working knowledge of Italian and French.
- Aviation & Aerospace
- Investor State
- Insurance & Reinsurance
Aviation & Aerospace
Wolf is a founding panelist of the Aerospace, Aviation and National Security panel of the AAA. His aviation disputes experience includes: aircraft manufacturing and supply contracts; procurement issues; certification issues; aircraft joint venture, syndicate and partnering disputes; aircraft sale, leasing and financing agreements; aviation insurance and reinsurance claims; warranty and repair claims; aircraft crash investigations, IP and licensing related claims.
He is also a leading international ADR figure working together with ICSID, CEDR and the Energy Charter Treaty Secretariat to develop protocols and policies, as well as training to enable the use of mediation in investor-state disputes. In the process he has helped to write the Investor State Mediation Guide for the Energy Charter Treaty Secretariat. He is active in developing the field of Investor State mediation together with ICSID, CEDR, IMI and the ECT. He has worked with several countries to put in place mediation protocols to be used in disputes with investors and has actively worked with them to resolve investor disputes through mediation.
As Arbitrator Wolf has been involved in AAA, ICDR, ICC, LCIA and AIAC as well as ad hoc cases. He has served as sole arbitrator and on tribunals. The seats he has been involved in are Geneva, London, New York, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.
- Aerospace claim for failure to achieve airworthiness certification.
- Aviation/Aerospace claim for return of faulty aircraft engines.
- Engineering/Technology claim by MOD for non-performance of engine control unit in frigate.
- Engineering/Technology claim for improper design of radar installation.
- Commercial Contracts claim regarding breach of contract for late delivery of machines to a major infrastructure project.
- Commercial Contracts termination for convenience claim on a large Middle Eastern project.
- Insurance dispute over the payment of a reinsurance claim at shipyard damaged by hurricane.
- Intellectual Property dispute concerning breach of software license agreement on a large South Korean project.
- Property dispute concerning major environmental indemnification claim under a transaction agreement.
- Sale of goods and services claim for sale of faulty switches to be used in an engine control system.
- Sale of good and services claim for delivery of faulty construction equipment.
Wolf is also a certified CEDR mediator. He has mediated numerous types of commercial disputes and sits on the mediation panels of CEDR, AIAC, WIPO, SCCA and the AAA/ICDR. He has also been active in the DIFC in Dubai and the ADGM in Abu Dhabi. Disputes have largely been cross-border and include locations in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, New York, Abu Dhabi, Washington, Toronto, Frankfurt and London.
Recent examples of his mediation experience include:
- Aviation/Aerospace claim against supplier for deficient navigation devices.
- Aviation/Aerospace claim related to the interpretation of an aircraft leasing contract.
- Engineering/Technology claim for improper design of a security monitoring system.
- Engineering/Technology claim for improper installation of radar masts. Commercial contracts supply chain issue respecting sale of counterfeit parts.
- Corporate Fraud claim against finance director for fraud. Employment & Workplace claim for bullying against manager.
- Employment & Workplace dispute over termination of a company director.
- Insurance dispute over interpretation of policy wording in a business interruption cover.
- Intellectual Property claim for breach of intellectual property agreement by a subcontractor.
- Intellectual Property software license dispute related to a defence project in the Middle East.
- Partnership & Shareholder dispute over termination provision in a shareholder agreement.
- Partnership & Shareholder dispute between JV partners over settlement of a major contracts claim.
- Partnership & Shareholder dispute between shareholders over sale of a business.
- Partnership & Shareholder dispute by doctors in a medical partnership over revenue sharing.
- Property claim respecting water pollution on a former industrial site in Paris.
- Sale of goods and services claim for design inappropriate computer equipment.
- Shipping/Maritime dispute over installation of bridge system on a cruise ship.
- Shipping/Maritime claim for damage caused to a super yacht for deficient engine controls.
- Shipping/Maritime dispute respecting a Charter party Contract.
- Tax dispute over tax provision in an employee multi jurisdiction employment contract
- Fellow and Chartered Arbitrator
- Former Chairman and current Director of the International Mediation Institute (IMI)
- Director American Arbitration Association (AAA)
- Former Chair of the Board of Management Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- Member of the Steering Committee of the CCIAG (Corporate Counsel International Arbitration Group
- Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR)
- Asian International Arbitration Centre (AIAC)
- World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO)
- Saudi Centre for Commercial Arbitration (SCCA)
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)